Monday, September 16, 2013

Vocabulary

Resignation

Sentence Source:

Some carried themselves with a sort of wistful resignation, others with pride or stiff soldierly discipline or good humor or macho zeal.

Context Clue Explanation:

I used the words stiff soldierly discipline to help find the meaning of the word resignation.

Original Sentence:

She acted with complete and total resignation when, she had to wake up this morning.\

Zeal

Sentence Source:

Some carried themselves with a sort of wistful resignation, others with pride or stiff soldierly discipline or a good humor or macho zeal.

Context Clue Explanation:

I utilized my logic skills and synonyms good humor, or macho to help discover the meaning for the word zeal.

Original Sentence:

Sometimes a zealous person can appear obnoxious to others.

Sneered

Sentence Source:

They sneered at sick call.


Context Clue Explanation:

I understood that the words spoke bitterly, acted as an example for the word sneered.

Original Sentence:

The students sneered at the teacher's rude tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment